Skip to Main Content

Institutional Review Board (IRB): Modify Your Study

Contact the IRB

email icon Email us at    

 Visit the IRB Office Hours page

How to Modify a Study in Cayuse

If you would like to modify your study, you must submit a Modification to your application.

To submit a Modification to your application, please follow the instructions in the guide:

When do I need to submit a modification application?

You will submit a modification application if you:

  1. Have already received NU IRB approval
  2. Need to update information on your recruitment material, consent material, and/or information letter

For example, if you are adding compensation to your study, then you must update your recruitment material and consent material to include this information and will thus need to submit a modification to your application.

The IRB member will determine, based on the modification, if a new IRB application must be submitted.